Farber Tax Law - real privacy, real results. Call us today to solve your tax problem.
Fill out the web form or call us to get started.
Solve Your Tax Problem
Book A Free Confidential Consultation
Collecting and Using Information
We will tell you how we intend to use personal information we collect about you and will use it only for those purposes. We will obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information, either expressly, or, where appropriate, impliedly. We will only collect the information we need for those purposes of which we have advised you. If we wish to use your information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent, expressly or impliedly, before we use it.
You may refuse or withdraw consent for us to collect, use or disclose your information and we will record and respect your choices. Certain consequences may flow from such refusal or withdrawal and we will advise you of those, if applicable, at that time. Such a decision must be communicated by you, in writing, to our Chief Privacy Officer, at the address indicated below.
Why We Ask For Your Information
We ask for your information to establish and serve you as our client or on behalf of our client(s) or others whose interests we may represent. The information we obtain depends on the nature of the engagement in question, and of our relationship with you. We may require personal information about you in order to fulfill certain statutory obligations, to assist you in fulfilling your own statutory obligations, or to determine your right to participate in an engagement which we have undertaken. We may obtain information about you from many sources, including the following:
1. Information we receive from you, or which is provided to us on your behalf, on Statements of Affairs, Statements of Income and Expenses, Proofs of Claim, and other forms, such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, employer, marital status, number and type of dependents, assets, liabilities, expenses, and income.
2. Information from third parties about your transactions with them or others, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, credit card usage, insurance coverage, transaction history, account number(s), claims history, level of indebtedness, and asset ownership and usage.
3. Information from consumer reporting agencies, public records and data collection agencies, such as your obligations with others and your creditworthiness.
4. Information from accountants or other advisors including name, address, telephone number, age, marital status, credit usage, employment history, addictions, social history, and other information.
When We Release Your Information
Farber Tax Law may release your information to third parties in the following instances:
1. With your consent – You may consent to Farber Tax Law sharing your information with a third party, or to other member companies of Farber Tax Law.
2. For servicing purposes to our suppliers and agents – We give limited information, only as needed, to our suppliers and agents who provide goods and services to you, or to us in order to allow us to carry out our engagement.
3. When required or permitted by law – We must give personal information in response to a legally valid inquiry or order. We may disclose personal information to help us collect a debt owed to us by you.
4. Transfers of business – We may sell parts of our businesses. Personal information relating to your relationship with us may be one of the transferred business assets.
How We Protect Your Information
Farber Tax Law restricts access to your personal information to those employees of our member companies and our agents whom we determine to have a legitimate business purpose to access such information in connection with the carrying out of our engagements or provision of services to you. We employ security techniques designed to protect our customer data. We provide training and communications programs designed to educate employees about the meaning and requirements of our strict standards for data security and confidentiality.
All our suppliers and agents, as part of their agreements with us, are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use your personal information for any unauthorized purpose. When your personal information is no longer needed for the purposes explained to you, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
Your Right To Access Your Information
We will not be able to provide information from our records if those records contain references to other persons, are subject to legal privilege, contain confidential information proprietary to Farber Tax Law or cannot be disclosed for other legal reasons.
If you have questions regarding decisions made about you, we will tell you the reasons for those decisions.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes in the information, such as a change in address or telephone number. If you find any errors in our information about you, tell us and we will correct the information. We will also convey the corrected information to other parties we may have misinformed. For information that remains in dispute, we will note the dispute in your file.
Respecting Your Preference
We will explain your options of refusing or withdrawing consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your information and will record and respect your choices.
Addressing Your Concerns
If you have questions, concerns or problems about privacy or how to request information from us, please contact us in writing at:
Farber Tax Law
1220 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 300
North York, Ontario
Fax: (416) 496-3769
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
Farber Tax Law can help you successfully deal with CRA problems. We utilize the experience of our tax lawyers to:
- 1| Offer a comprehensive solution that is focused on achieving the most favorable possible outcome for your tax issue;
- 2| Communicate with the CRA on your behalf and navigate the entire CRA dispute process; and
- 3| Represent you at all levels of tax court
"The power the CRA holds over individuals is unbelievable. I could not believe we had to experience this treatment and I firmly believe Scott saved the day, our sanity and our financial future. Farber Tax knows their stuff, and I highly recommend them to be in your corner."
"Again I can’t thank you enough! My life has been far more calm in so many ways after meeting with you. I have had many family members and friends mention how happy I seem lately. It’s truly a reflection of your hard work and ability to do your profession so great!”
"I don’t even know where to.begin or how to even thank you for lending an ear this morning. Without even seeing any type of documentation to support my situation .. you offered support, guidance and most of all kindness. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!"